Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Some Love for Track & Trace

Just got word today that Track & Trace is reviewed in the new issue of FreeFall Magazine, by Micheline Maylor. It's a very enthusiastic appraisal. I'll wait till the mag itself is further past its publication date to post the whole review, but here are a few snippets:

Everything poetry should be: reflective and linguistically aware, imagistic, connected to human emotion and experience (Sorry Bök). But, wait, I forgot, delightful.

***

I stopped in my tracks (pun intended) reading “Cormorant”. Here Wells shows why he is earning his reputation as one of Canada’s best poets.

***

"Fool's Errand" ... has all the underpinnings of old world craft I find lacking in tired free verse and avant garde. This is where Wells excels. This is where our poetry, Canadian Poetry, reaches world standard.

No comments: