Friday, March 18, 2011

Upcoming Dates

March has been a gonzo month for me, with all the writing and editing I've had to do for school and work. And as we roll into April, the pace promises to continue unabated. I'll be getting out into the world a bit, tho, not just staying chained to my keyboard. Some upcoming dates, details sketchy for some of them at the moment:


Monday, March 28, Fredericton, NB: Lecture at the UNB English Department: "The Moving Scene: Descriptive Poetry." Room and time TBA; it'll be in the a.m., as I have to scoot off to catch a train to Toronto. This is the final assignment for the independent study course I've been working on all term. It'll involve a bit of overview of aesthetic theory (Plato, Aristotle, Erasmus, Gotthold Lessing, Ruskin, Tolstoy) combined with analysis of the descriptive techniques of John Clare, Elizabeth Bishop, Ted Hughes and others. It'll be as much fun as one can have on a campus on Monday morning. Seriously.


Wednesday, March 30, Toronto, 7:30 pm: Reading at this Harbourfront thing. Brigantine Room, York Quay Centre, 235 Queens Quay West. Apparently this makes me a whore, a slave and a lipsticked pig, all in one. Sounds fun!


Monday, April 4, Windsor: Reading with fellow Biblioasis authors David Hickey and Joshua Trotter, both of whom have new books out.  Phog Lounge, 157 University Avenue West, time TBA (7ish a safe bet). Should be wicked fun.


Tuesday, April 5, London, 7 pm: Reading with the same dudes. London Central Branch Public Library, Dundas Ave. More fun than a barrel of monkeys.


Wednesday, April 6, Toronto, 7 pm: Biblioasis book launch extravaganza. Same dudes, but in the big city! Dora Keogh Pub, 141 Danforth Ave. So much fun, it should be illegal.


Then I go home to reacquaint myself with my family, catch up on all the stuff I'll not have got done whilst on the road, finish my thesis, get back to some landscaping, heavy railroading, etc. 

No comments: