Friday, January 16, 2009

If you had to choose, would you rather be without pants or a jacket?

The good folks at Gaspereau Press have fired up a blog; I reckon there'll be lots of neat sneak-peeks into the workings of the Press. To the best of my knowledge, Gaspereau's one of only three trade publishers that print in-house. And now they're making their own paper!

I can't wait for their upcoming publications of Robert Bringhurst's (long overdue) Selected and Carmine Starnino's new collection.

2 comments:

Michael Reynolds said...

Do you think the new Bringhurst selection will draw from his Haida translations? Between those and the performance piece Ursa Major (neither of which lend themselves to a typical selected) I don't recall a lot of new poems since The Calling (though it appears The Calling is out of print...).

What I'd really like to see is a volume of new poems -- but maybe there will be some new work included here?

Zachariah Wells said...

That's a good question and point, Michael. I dunno. I hope there are new poems, too. I mainly said it was overdue because The Calling has been out of print for some time. But I reckon this will be a pretty different book from The Calling, if only because well over a decade has passed.