Friday, May 25, 2007

Vehicule Blog

Back from Winnipeg and too deliriously bagged for much of anything (I had to get up at midnight--yes that's right, get up--to watch the train while everyone else was asleep, then this morning had to pinch-hit for a cook who'd injured his hip). It was a pretty good trip, all in all. Gorgeous clear view of Mt. Robson in all its human-humbling glory yesterday. I felt very comfortable with my new co-workers, confirming what I've suspected for some time: Via Rail is probably the largest dysfunctional family in Canada. I'm out again on Sunday, on a training run for my job as Activity Coordinator. Oh, the activities I'll coordinate!

If you're looking for something else to look at whilst I recover my wits, why not click on over to the new Vehicule Press blog. Signal Editions, their poetry imprint, has become, under the stewardship of my good friend Mr. Starnino, possibly the best trade poetry publisher in the land. On the blog, one of my favourite living poets, Patrick Warner of St. John's, NL, has contributed a handful of pithy aphorisms. And the gauntlet's down: they want your epigrammatic zingers, too. Go get 'em, tiger!

No comments: