Brenda was kind enough to show this to me, and I thought I'd show it to you. BC bards only, please:
WANTED: B.C. POETRY ANTHOLOGY SUBMISSIONS FOR: ROCKSALT
An Anthology of Contemporary B.C. Poetry
Edited by Mona Fertig and Harold Rhenisch
****Deadline: Postdated May 15th 2008****
Notification: Summer 2008
Publication: Book Launche(s) Fall 2008
- Open to all poets living in B.C.
- Send 1- 3 of your best unpublished poems, max 62 lines a poem.
- Poems must be typed and single-spaced. 12 point type.
- Include your name on each page.
- No entries will be returned.
- Email submissions accepted: send as attachment (Word, Appleworks, .rtf, or Pages)
Confirmation email will be sent.
- For SNAIL MAIL submissions, enclose a SASE for reply
- Include 100 (max) word bio and 300 word statement (max) on your poetry or poetics.
- Include a covering letter with full address, postal code, name, phone number and email address.
- Copyright remains with the poet.
Not since 1977, the year Western Windows; A Comparative Anthology of Poetry in British
Columbia edited by Patricia M. Ellis - CommCept Publishing, and New: West Coast; 72 contemporary
british columbia poets, edited by Fred Candelaria - Intermedia Press was published, has there been a
comprehensive anthology of B.C. poetry. We will address the long absence of an anthology in B.C. by
gathering poetry's presence here on the edge of Canada. ROCKSALT will feature new and previously
unpublished poems as well as each poet’s statement on poetry or poetics. It will be varied, inclusive,
Mona Fertig edited A Labour of Love, an anthology of poetry on pregnancy and childbirth, published
in 1990 by Polestar Press, and has published many books of poetry. She runs the new Mother Tongue
Publishing company and has been active in the west coast literary scene since 1972.
Harold Rhenisch is the author of twenty-one books, including the George Ryga Award-winning “The
Wolves at Evelyn:”, a past winner of the ARC Poem of the Year Prize, and the winner of The Malahat
Review Long Poem Prize for both 2005 and 2007. His new book is “Return to Open Water: Poems
New & Selected.
MAIL: Editors, ROCKSALT- 290 Fulford-Ganges Rd. Salt Spring Island B.C. V8K 2K6