Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Events in the Offing

After a photo shoot and interview with Halifax's The Coast tomorrow morning, I'm hopping a westbound train for a reading in Port Hope, ON:

April 10, 10:30 AM
Port Hope Public library
31 Queen St.

This is a children's reading, but adults are of course welcome. Also reading will be Jon Arno Lawson.

From there, I zip off to the Cobourg train station to make my way back east for more events.

April 12, AM
Moncton, NB
Reading to students at Harrison Trimble High

After which, I hop in my rental car and drive down to St. John:

April 12, 7 PM
Imprint Books, 16 King St.
Backtalk Series

This is a reading for authors shortlisted for the Atlantic Poetry Prize, so I'll be sharing the stage with Anne Compton and Tonja Gunvaldsen Klaassen.

Next morning, I get back in my rental car and drive to Charlottetown for an interview with Matt Rainnie at 2 pm, to be aired on CBC Mainstreet a couple of hours thereafter.

That evening, Tonja Klaassen and I will be reading in Charlottetown:

April 13, 7 PM
Confederation Centre Library
Corner of Queen and Richmond

Next morning, I head out in my rental once more, picking up fellow prize nominee Greg Malone before driving back to Halifax for the Atlantic Book Awards' soiree.

So, I'll be covering some 4000 km in a week, with 4 readings, 2 interviews and an awards ceremony smushed in. Sometimes I wish I was a Belgian writer... But it'll be fun. Hope to see you out at one of the events, if they're in your neck of the woods.

No comments: