Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Tuesday, it must be Charlottetown

Smooth uneventful drive to PEI from St. John this morning. Spent a couple of hours at my folks' place before heading into Charlottetown for my interview with Matt Rainnie for CBC Mainstreet. That interview will air shortly after the show starts at 4 pm Atlantic. Then early supper and the reading. Back to Halifax in the a.m.

Last night's reading was very enjoyable. It was well-attended, graciously hosted by Pat Joas of Inprint Books and everyone read very well. I taped it and will upload the audio when I get home.

The organization, helpfulness and overall class of the Atlantic Book Festival folks have been most impressive. Because of the jobs I've worked, I have a perhaps heightened appreciation for the usually unsung work that goes into logistics. People tend to notice such things only when they go wrong, which is a shame. So thanks to Susan Mersereau, Nicholas Graham, Melanie Bedgood, Pat Joas and Simon Lloyd, who've made this experience entirely pleasurable for me with their exceptional flexibility and attention to detail.

No comments: