Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Reminder: Essential Kenneth Leslie launch in Ottawa

Off to Ottawa tomorrow morning to launch The Essential Kenneth Leslie. If you're in town, I hope you can make it. Details here. 

The book was published in the spring, and I read from it in the Annapolis Valley this summer, but this is actually the first official launch, due to how crazy busy I've been. Plans for a Halifax launch fell thru, unfortunately, but I'd like to set something up for the new year. It would be good to get to the north shore of NS, too, where Leslie was born and raised. It's been 38 years since a collection of his poetry was published, so I figure being a bit late launching it is not such an awful thing. I'm glad that the Ottawa launch is going to be on Remembrance Day, since Leslie played a big role on the homefront during WWII and such non-combatant heroes deserve to be remembered, too. He has certainly not been forgotten by anyone who knew him in life, but it's high time more people got to know his writing and his incredible life story.

No comments: