Saturday, June 23, 2007

Insightful



Trevor Cole, the mad genius behind the wonderful site Authors Aloud, has uploaded what he calls an "insight" into my creative process on my page there. Not terribly insightful, really, just kinda descriptive, but there it is if you care to hear it.

Took in a show at the Vancouver Art Gallery (or VAG, as the stamp on my right hand says) today: Monet to Dali. Not bad, but perhaps a bit too much history crammed in; very few artists had more than one or two pieces on display. And our 4 o'clock ticket didn't really give us time to tour the show properly before we were hustled out at 5:30. Bit of a blur. Might go again on cheap night.

In other news, still fighting this damned virus. It's turned into a diaphragm-wrenching cough that only seems to afflict me when I lie down. On that note, I'm off to bed. Hope you're having a good weekend, wherever you are.

1 comment:

Brenda Schmidt said...

I just checked the VAG site. Admission is pricey enough! I'd sure like to see the O'Keeffe exhibition that opens there in October.

Amazingly enough, the Mendel Art Gallery in Saskatoon still has free admission. Though that may soon change. There were many young people in their 20s there on Friday and plenty of people in general. Nice to see.