Monday, June 18, 2007

Rigmarole

So I'm still sick. I've spent most of the last 48 hours horizontal and am just now starting to feel moderately human again. I had to venture out of the house this afternoon in order to get an insurance claim form filled in by a doctor so that I can get paid for my missed work. Doctor almost refused to see me, since I'd never been to his clinic before and he didn't know me or my history. I managed to talk him into it with the argument that I'd never been to any Vancouver doctor, and $75 later I had my illness certified. Now I've got to take the paperwork into my boss and have them certify my illness. For my trouble, I will receive 70% of my lost wages. Better than a poke in the eye, but on the whole far more irritating than the average trip on the rails. Missing work's grand when you can enjoy it properly, but between bosses and doctors and insurance cos., they make sure you can't even wallow in snot-crusted self-pity. I guess that's the point; if it was easy, everyone'd do it, right?

No comments: