Thursday, June 28, 2007

Railroading, Long Weekend, etc.

Finally, I'm heading back out on the rails tomorrow, so while most of you are enjoying the long weekend, I'll be picking up some sweet stat holiday o.t.--which should compensate some for the income lost due to my recent illness. It's been almost three weeks since I was at work, which sounds nice, but is a bit worrisome to me, since this is the season in which I'm supposed to make hay. And if there ain't enough hay in the barn come summer's end, she's gonna be a lean-ass winter, buddy. Oh well, naught to be done about it now but work when I'm called on.

I don't have a layover to speak of this trip, just a few hours between my arrival in Winnipeg, at 11:20 on Sunday, and reporting for my return west at 14:30--assuming both trains are on time, which no sane man would wager. So probably no action on CLM between Friday and Tuesday. No doubt you've got something better to do than sit in front of your computer screen anyway. Enjoy the fireworks, have a beer or six, burn a flag. Hasta luego muchachos y muchachas.


No comments: