Thursday, July 12, 2007

Achromatope



It's not out quite yet, but if you're looking for some Zachariah Wells ephemera, you can pre-order "Achromatope," a broadsheet published by Frog Hollow Press in an edition of 100 signed and numbered copies. Caryl Peters of FHP makes beautiful books, chapbooks and broadsheets and I'm mighty chuffed to have a poem published by them. At $10, this is a steal for what will one day be a collector's item.

"Achromatope" is a dramatic monologue in the voice of a colour-blinded painter, a verse adaptation of an essay by Oliver Sacks in his book An Anthropologist on Mars (a wonderful book). And for what it's worth, I think it's one of the best poems I've written and is not at this point published anywhere else.

ERRATUM: I erroneously reported earlier that "Achromatope" would be selling for $15. Caryl informs me that she's dropped the price to $10. $10! How can you not order one?

No comments: