Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Whole Hawg: More Adventures in Improbable Cargo

Hit Value Village today for a big 50% off sale, in the hopes of acquiring much needed items for our household. Picked up a decent little coffee table for $10. Was thinking of sending it home in a cab with Rachel, but, not wanting to nearly double its price, I decided I'd try loading it on the bike instead. Worked like a charm. As I was strapping it into place, a wiseacre driving by said I could probably get a chesterfield on there if I tried. "Who says I haven't?" I hollered back. Then a woman walking by sneered, "Good luck with that," as if I was auditioning for the Darwin Awards. Pah. Piece o' cake. Got a big smile from a brother biker whose path I crossed on the way home. He knew what it's all about. I don' want a pickle, I just wanna ride my motorciccle.

1 comment:

Brenda Schmidt said...

$10! What a deal! Heck, I would've paid $10 just to see you zipping down the street with that coffee table strapped on.