Thursday, June 5, 2008

Stephen Henighan reading

There was a good turnout for Stephen Henighan's reading tonight. It was a good reading, with a lively Q&A afterwards. I made a recording of it, which you can listen to here.

Also met up with fellow PEI expat David Hickey, who's in town from London, ON for a conference at UBC. We went out for a bite to eat after the reading and had a fine conversation on a range of subjects, literary and otherwise.

I'm off on the rails tomorrow. I've got no layover in Winnipeg this trip, which is good insofar as I'm home a day sooner, but it promises to be tiring. Can't be as tiring as the twelve-day railroading odyssey I pulled on my last stint, however, and I'm just now getting over the cold I got on said expedition, so I'll be fresh and perky for the tourists.

No comments: