Sunday, October 5, 2008

Sick and Tired

Literally. As soon as I got home from my trip, as has happened several times in the past, my throat started hurting and my nose started flowing. Funny how spending several sleep-deprived days in a metal tube with hundreds of people will do that. I hope, at least, that I'm in better shape for the launch of ABH on Saturday.

It was a pretty good trip on the whole, tho. For Reg, one of my favourite Via people, this was his last run after 30+ years working for and on the railroad. If I stick around until retirement, I'll have around 28 years of service. Hard to imagine at this point, but I have no good reason to leave the job, so who knows? As CLM readers can probably imagine, I'm not one to invest a whole lot of importance in the good opinions of others, but it was very fine to see the outporings of affection for Reg. I am a fan of earned respect, and Reg certainly earned his.

No comments: