Sunday, November 18, 2007

The Big Smoke

Got into Toronto yesterday afternoon, and after a good chat with my cousin headed out on the town. Somehow, tho I've never lived here, I know more people in Toronto, I think, than any other place in Canada. And, by sheer coincidence, there were two events last night to which I was invited.

The first was a gathering of people from the University of King's College, where I did my undergrad. Had a very fine time and saw a bunch of folks I'd not seen in years. King's tends to attract exceptionally bright and talented people, and no surprise, the conversation quickly became more interesting than the standard so-what-have-you-been-up-to of such gatherings.

Round midnight, I head over to the Victory Cafe to catch the tail-end of Paul Vermeersch's birthday bash. Good times. Stumbled back into my cousin's place around 3:30 and was woken by the damn sun around 8. I think I'll back to bed to get some rest for my reading tonight.

No comments: